I was travelling to UAE for the first time with my family and my parents who are senior citizens. I researched on various travel portals like Trip Advisor, Make My Trip, Yatra, Goibibo, Air B&B for room quality, cuisine offered in-house and nearby restaurant, distance from tourist attractions and airport. Finally I narrowed down to Dunes Hotel Apartments.
I must say I was proud of the choice made. Mere 10 KMs away from the airport, it proved out to be an excellent host. They offer studio, 1 and 2BHK service apartments.
I was looking to rent wheelchair for my parent. As soon as I informed the reception desk, they offered me one free of cost.Coming to hospitality I’ll cite an incidence, I booked a taxi from the hotel travel desk to Dubai mall to accommodate 7 people. An innova came but since my mother was on wheelchair, it couldn’t be adjusted into the taxi. Immediately they called in for a mini van to accommodate the chair without asking for an extra penny. Now if that’s not taking care of your guest, what else it is.
Amenities within the apartment:
- Full HD television in all the bedrooms and living room.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, oven, 4-burner induction stove, electric kettle, toaster. Cutlery including full and quarter plates, tea-cups, saucer, spoons, folks. Cooking utensils, serving bowls and microwave gloves.
- King size bed in master bedroom and queen size bed in child room.
- Fully automatic washing machine and iron board.
- Living room comprises of sofa set, television, intercom, dining table, balcony with cloth stand.
How they maintain the balance between home-stay and a hotel?
- 24-hour reception and housekeeping service
- health club consisting of swimming pool, gym and steam bath
- in-house restaurant serving variety of vegetarian and non vegetarian cuisines.
- Travel desk where you can get discount coupons for various attractions. Also you can make bookings for taxi, air, packages if needed.
- Offer complimentary shuttle to Dubai mall and Mall of Emirates once a day
I got a pretty good deal from one of the travel sites and as a result I received 25% off on every meal ordered from in-house restaurant.
Nearest metro station: Oud Metha
Walking time to metro station: 15 mins.
Grocery store: 2 stores across the apartment
I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.