- Dubai-metro is a cost effective way of travelling within the city. Eating inside the metro is not allowed.
- Do carry travel insurance although it’s not mandatory while applying for visa. This will also help you in the event of unforeseen sickness as medical services in UAE is extremely expensive.
- Do Not litter at any public place. This can result in heavy fine, imprisonment or combination of both.
- UAE has very strict policy against the drugs. Do visit the below site for more awareness.Link for UAE drug policy
Carry prescription of medicines for personal use and the quantity should not exceed for a period of 30 days of treatment
- Poppy seeds are banned in UAE so avoid accidentally carrying bakery or any product that might contain such seeds.
- Each attraction in UAE offers number of things to do on the basis of which entry ticket fee varies. Do your homework before planning the visit else you may end up spending more money and time than you intended.
- Tips to have budget holiday in Dubai
- Do carry a good pair of sunglasses, sunscreen lotion, comfortable walking shoes and either of a hat/cap/stole.
- Always carry cash when riding in a taxi. Most of the cab drivers do not accept cards.
- Always bargain while opting for quad biking and other add on services during desert safari. The prices are never fixed and there is always scope for reducing the cost.
- Once you’ve reached your destination via taxi/cab, open the cab-door only when the driver has given the signal to off board. Not doing so may result in fine charged to the driver for opening the door in moving vehicle.
Dubai – a heaven for adventure seekers, shopaholic, fun seeking people. Although this tourist friendly city has in numerous attractions or things to do and there is no limit of shelling big bucks. Below listed are the ways using which you can have a budget holiday in Dubai.
1.Avoid buying tickets at gate price directly at almost all the major attractions:
Check with your hotel / service apartment, they always have discount coupons available.
Remember 1 discount coupon booklet is applicable for 1 ticket only. So collect as many booklets as the number of tickets you intend to buy.
2. Get GoCity pass for discount offers on attractions like Burj Khalifa, desert safari, lost chambers, Ski Dubai, Dubai aquarium and underwater zoo, Aqua-venture water park etc. This pass was introduced in year 2017 hence not many people know about it. By using this pass, you can get 20% off on gate price tickets.
3. Always check with your hotel / hotel apartment reception if they have shuttle service to Dubai mall and Mall Of Emirates. These malls are connected to Dubai Park & resorts via metro and complimentary shuttles offered by theme parks.
Your Hotel — shuttle service—-> Dubai Mall / Mall of Emirates — shuttle service—-> Dubai parks & resorts
4. Another great way to have a budget holiday in Dubai is to buy drinking water bottles of local brand from grocery store near your hotel/apartment. Carry those bottles whenever going out. Buying water bottles at cafe, malls, theme parks and other places of interest will leave a big hole in your pocket.
5.Check if your home currency is stronger or weaker than Dirham (AED). If weak then always carry at least 60% of the foreign exchange in form of AED, rest can be carried as US Dollar denominations.
8. Dubai metro and monorail is one of the cheapest public transport in the world and is connected all over the city.
9. Fare of 4-seater and 6-seater taxi is same. Hence if in a large group and wishing to stroll by taxi, look for 6-seater like Innova.